BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Feeling great

Just a quick post today.  Just wanted to update the last post about my new medication.  All the side effects are almost gone now.  I expect that to get better and better as the week goes by.  My feet and hands keep feeling better.  I can tell when it gets about 8 to 10 hours since my last dose because my feet start heating up and my hands get less sensitive to touch.   Not even close to what I was feeling before the medication.  It keeps me on schedule taking my next dose.

I wanted to try a ride on my bicycle.  I got out about 7 miles and the wall wasn't there!  My legs didn't have that heavy fatigue feeling, my hands weren't asleep on the handlebars, and I could get a deep breath in on the hills.  I started to really push the ride!  I was enjoying being out there again.  It almost brought tears to my eyes..If I wasn't smiling like a little league boy with his first real home run!!  I must have looked silly to the people driving by.  A guy riding a bike with a great big grin.

My wife is liking the new and improved me.  She said it was nice having me back again.  I didn't realize how much this has affected me.  I'm sleeping all night and I'm sure that is a big part of all this.

So...It's Saturday and I'm off to my grand daughters soccer game.  This time in tennis shoes like a normal person.

The body is sick, but thanks to Jesus the soul is alive and well...

3 comments:

  1. Steve, glad the medication is working for you. What is the medication? My wife is having problems with her hands and feet. We are blaming it on the chemo, velcade, but is could just be the myeloma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is Gabapentin 300 MG - Twice a day. It is an anti-seizure medication but works well on PN. I'm sold on it. I didn't even know I was having problems with my hands and legs until I took it. I've gone from riding my bike 11 miles and dragging myself into the house after the ride. To 19 today, hills and feeling great after the ride. All since last Wednesday! I did feel really sick the first time I took it but it has passed quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve, Thank you for giving my husband the name of the medication for the peripheral neuropathy. I just hope it works for me a wee bit. I enjoy your blog and wish you such good thoughts in your fight against MM.

    Rebecca Weber

    ReplyDelete