BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Another very short post

I've been on my medication for a week now.  It started out rough but after a week all the side effects are gone.  My feet feel like feet 90% of the time, I've not had the latex glove feeling in my hands for several days.  Even after 10 or so hours the pills seem to be working. 

My exercising is going well.  The medication,  Gabapentin 300 MG - Twice a day, is helping me.  My legs don't have that heavy, fatigue feeling at about 5 miles.  I haven't "hit the wall" even on longer rides.   I can get deep breaths when climbing hills.  I still get tired but it is a normal tired.  More riding will help take care of that!  How much is this the medication?  I'm not sure but I'm glad to be where I'm at now.

The body is sick, but thanks to Jesus the soul is alive and well... 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Steven, I'm confused what meds you are having to take, is it related to the myeloma or something else that has cropped up?

    I want you to know you are very important to me. I will miss you on Facebook but totally understand those issues. I am not sure I can do it justice, but just know that your Marine connection helps me remember Andrew (Lindsey's fiance) is good people, he is an officer training and will be getting commissioned right around the wedding time. I try to keep positive thoughts around them and their future while also being glad we don't have daily interaction with them, sort of a no news is good news relationship, if that makes sense. And knowing a good, responsible, happily grown up marine helps me create the positive picture in my head that keeps me in a peaceful place about him, them, the whole situation.

    I hope you and Jenni have a great weekend. Between the new babies and puppies and spring, you sure have a vibrant life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to read the medications are suiting you and that you feel somewhat better. Keep up the good work. All best wishes from us here in the UK.

    ReplyDelete