BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Out of my comfort zone

I'm trying something new... Something I have never done before....

I'm setting up a fund raiser through the MMRF.  It is a run that is already scheduled for June 12th in San Francisco.  http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/sf/giant_race/index.jsp


I have set up a team of 5 runners/walkers so far and I even have a couple of donations!  It is easy so far but the BIG fund raising hasn't started yet.  I'm working just as hard to see if I can get additional people to run/walk and get donations!  I created a fund raising page with the MMRF.  They take care of the $$ donated so I won't have to track and bank a bunch of cash and checks!  That's good news as I'm always unsure about people who are just asking for cash.  I wonder if that cash really gets to the cause.  This way it is directly through the foundation and my donors can be sure of where their $$ are going.

Here is my donation page:  http://www.active.com/donate/2010RunOwnRace/Stevenritter

I really hope this works well and my team and I can collect some serious $$ to fight this cancer.

I'll keep the blog updated on our progress.

The body is sick, but thanks to Jesus the soul is alive and well...

No comments:

Post a Comment