BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Test Results... Good news!!

Today I got my test results back: M-spike is 1.9 up from 1.6 but down from a max of 2.4.
My IGG went up to 2073 from 1999 but down from over 2400.

My general blood test still indicates that my body isn't processing the B-12 I'm taking in. All my numbers were worse for each test I've done the last year. That is with the massive intake of B-12 my oncologist has me on each day. I think it is time to really talk to him about taking
B-12 shots.

My WBC count is the lowest it has ever been and so is my RBC. I'm working out really hard so I think my body is using the red blood cells I have very effectively, my opinion. I work out 3 to 4 times a week for 1.5 hours with an ave. heart rate above 130. I guess I need to watch it but it doesn't seem to be a problem right now. My low WBC is concerning but I have learned to be crazy about washing my hands and keeping my distance from sick people. I had 3 big colds this winter but that is a virus and so not really a WBC issue. I really try to keep away from bad bacteria.

So, I consider myself stable right now. I will see my oncologist on the 14th and I'm sure he will be as happy as I am right now. I like good news like this!

The body is sick, but thanks to Jesus the soul is alive and well...

5 comments:

  1. Steve, your immune system, WBC, also fights viruses. Taking antibiotics do not work against a virus. How low is your wbc? My wife's dropped to 1.8 this last chemotherapy cycle.

    Be careful and I hope your wbc's come back up quickly.

    Jerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wbc was 20... Never been that low but not even close to your wife's numbers... Your post kinda made me feel better, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok... I'm having a stupid moment... All the numbers get mixed up and confusing... my WBC is 3.0.. not 20!!! soooo sorry, I guess I still have a way to go to get the numbers pictured in my brain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steve,
    First, I wouldn't worry about your WBC of 3.0. That is pretty good for a MM patient, and not terribly bad for a non MM person. My brother's WBC has been around 3.0 for 10 years and he doesn't have MM and is hardly ever sick. The more important number is the neutrofils. Find out what those are. Anything below 1.5 and you are neutropenic and much more susceptible.
    MM is more likely to hit the red cells. At least for me, when my myeloma ramps up the red cells plummet and I don't see much change in my white count.
    I'm confused about your neuropathy as I have the impression you are not on chemo at this time. If no chemo, does your doc think it's due to B-12 deficiency? Just curious. Are you taking the liquid B-12? An eyedropper full every day under the tongue. It's supposed to be absorbed better that way.

    Finally, I read a few of your older posts and have one comment about your projections of life expectancy. Stay away from that stuff. You of all people--being a devout Christian--should know we just don't know. Putting a number in our heads can confine us. Don't limit your expectations based on others.
    Stay strong and best wishes,
    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so... much for the info. My RBC is down a bit but just under normal.

    Yes, my Oncologist thinks it is most likely the B-12 causing my PN. He put me on MEGA doses of B-12 the last 4 months and my B-12 numbers are worse. I'm going to talk to him about going on he B-12 shots. I think I can give them to myself. Never tried that before but I have given thousands of shots to others/animals. The post of life expectancy wasn't a worry. I know that God has that date and I won't be late for it. It was just a post on how my mind works and has changed. I think I'm doing really well and I'm planning on being around for as long as God gives me! Remember; I keep you in my prayers and I'm really glad you are keeping your blog. It helps more than you know to a lot of MM'er out here! Again, thank you for the info, it helped.

    ReplyDelete