BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I guess I'm not an Oncologists

A quick update:

Last visit, November 2010 my Oncologist thought I might have a B-12 problem, he doubled my B-12 intake via pills then sent me to get more blood work. It showed nothing exciting so I made the decision to wait until my next visit and "stay with the pill plan". I got my normal 4 month blood tests back last week and thought it showed the same problem with my B-12. I had a really bad weekend with numbness, hurting, cramping legs plus I was doing a lot of falling, mostly while exercising. So I called him and got in early. We went loaded for bear and to push hard for starting B-12 shots.

He checked my test results, asked me several questions and he feels the problem isn't the B-12 (because the November 2010 blood tests came back so good) but that I'm having problems with the Gabapenten. Jenni and I were positive it was the B-12, thanks Dr. Google!! So, for the next few days I will be coming off the Gabapenten and it might not be fun. We will worry about the PN problem once the current problems are sorted out. I can't keep not sleeping, being in pain and falling!

I see the Dr. again next Thursday to check in, he said I should see improvement quickly.

I will blog on how I handle all this, hopefully it will be easy and will be a short post.

The body is sick, but thanks to Jesus the soul is alive and well...

1 comment:

  1. I'm sending good thoughts your way, Steven! Fingers crossed things will go smoothly for you.

    ReplyDelete