BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Life is normal - As normal as it can be with cancer.

It has been awhile since I blogged. The reason is basically that nothing is really happening. I feel good most of the time. My Peripheral neuropathy is always there, but some days are better than others. We went on a Disney Cruise last week, Jenni and I had a great time, I had one really bad day with my legs. It happened to be the day at sea so I just chilled and took it easy. Jenni was a real trooper and made sure I took it easy. A very understanding wife is worth her weight in gold and my wife is worth a fortune.

Nothing new on the cancer front. I don't get tested again until March so I will have to wait and see what the numbers look like then. I still think they will be low as I have no new symptoms.

On the Peripheral neuropathy front, my Oncologist seems to think that it is possible that it is caused by a vitamin B-12 problem. Still all wrapped up in the Multiple Myeloma but it could be fixed in the short run. He has me on mega doses of B-12 via pills. I never thought I would be on prenatal vitamins but here I am. I can't see any difference so if there isn't I will have to take B-12 shots. No problem if it will fix the Peripheral neuropathy.

I'm reading a book on the history of cancer treatment called "The Emperor of All Maladies". A hard, technical read but a good read. A poet with cancer made reference to how he feels, and it describes how I feel very well. He said, paraphrased to keep it brief, is that "cancer is always reflected endlessly back at me like a hall of mirrors". It's true, I now see the world in this cancer mirror. I eat with cancer in mind, I exercise with cancer in mind, I wake up with cancer in mind and I go to sleep with cancer in mind. The mirror never really lets me just look out through the glass, to the world I use to know.

So, all in all, I feel great and I'm really doing very well. Not too much more exciting than that, and I like it that way! I'm still upbeat and enjoying my life, day by day. I will try to blog more in the future.

The body is sick, but thanks to Jesus the soul is alive and well...

No comments:

Post a Comment