BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Our Caribbean Cruise

We just got back from our 5 day Caribbean Cruise.  It was a great time.  We went with my sister and brother in law.  Weather was great and the seas were fantastic. Here are some pictures...

My Sister and Brother in Law, Leslie and Fred Braun.

Our Ship, Liberty of the Seas, Royal Caribbean

Me in the kayak in Belize...

My wife, Jenni gave it a try, but didn't make it very long... The wind and waves were just to scary.

The pink Dune Buggy was ours in Cozumel Mexico.

The Light house in Cozumel, I was crazy enough to "run" up the 145 steps to the top.  It was fun but the steps get shorter and the roof gets lower so right at the top I bonked my head and walked the last 3 steps.


We even made a friend in Cozumel.

So a good time was had until .....   The last evening at sea Fred got really sick.. Then on the way home I only made it to Phoenix before I got it and had to spend the night before being well enough to fly home.  A BIG thank you to Southwest airline ground staff for helping Jenni and I get our baggage, change flights, get a hotel and generally make sure we were taken care of because of the issue.  They went way and above what we could have expected.

Bottom line is we had a great vacation and even with a bad ending we have a lot of good memories.

The body is sick, but thanks to Jesus the soul is alive and well...


6 comments:

  1. Sorry that the very end of your vacation wasn't so fun, but I hope all the good times until then will stay uppermost in your mind and memories. It looks like an amazing adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Caribbean cruises, Eastern is my favorite, but we recently do the western in October. It was wonderful. We didn't get sick, but our flight returning home had troubles and we missed our connecting and so on and so on. It took us the weekend to get back home to N. California. We just kept looking at each other and smiling, "But we had a really GREAT time on our cruise, yes?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. We visited Belize and Cozumel on our one and only cruise and really enjoyed the snorkeling in Belize on the reef. The water looks gorgeous in your pictures. So sorry about your "head bonk" and sickness at the end...a traveler's nightmare. But, glad you are home safe and sound, having made lots of wonderful memories with pictures to prove it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks to me you are living large. Keep up the good work my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fine prints you have here – and the Light house in Cozumel is very intriguing. Please keep those pictures coming, we'll be watching!

    ReplyDelete