BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, September 12, 2011

The Tour is Done...

Ya... I completed the Tour de Tahoe.. The 72 miles around Lake Tahoe. What a great ride. I was very strong and I was very pleased with my times. It took me 4:49 of ride time. Counting rest areas and snacks to total time was 5:15. I ave 14.9 Mph. Several big climbs and a lot of little climbs. That was countered by some great downhills with a max speed of 43.7 mph. At the end I was tired but all in all felt great! I did have one climb that I needed to stop and catch my breath, alt. about 7000 feet and I tried to hold on to a string of 3 riders. They were much younger and much better riders. When my heart rate hit 218, well, it was time to stop and get it under control. Only took about 2 min. and I was under 140 so I continued and had no additional problems.

I was really glad my wife was there to drive the 4 hours home. I was much too tired to drive that distance and be safe.

I was really glad I did this and that I was able to do it as well as I did.

Now, I need to stop writing this and go do my 26 miles recovery ride!

The body is sick, but thanks to Jesus the soul is alive and well...

2 comments:

  1. 4:38 but I'm old and fat. And we all were slowed down by the road construction and some by the big accident. Interesting how there is no news on this, I hope the victims are okay. I guess if no news outlet cares to post it, then it did not happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steven,
    Congratulations. That is a tremendous accomplishment. But the recovery ride really impresses me. 72 miles followed by 26 miles. WOW. Keep at it.
    Dan

    ReplyDelete