BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Life just moves on...

I haven't blogged lately, mostly because nothing new is happening here in California. My neuropathy is under control and I'm able to ride my bike and carry on with my life. I missed a dose last Friday morning because I was watching my grandchildren (3 of them) and by the afternoon it was ugly. Jenni says that she is now in control of making sure I take my pills. I guess these pills really do make a difference!

My bike riding is going well. I comfortably do 25 miles with an ave. speed of over 15 mph. I'm happy with that distance and ave. speed. I'll never go "pro" but it will keep me in shape and that's what it is all about.

My weight is slowly going down. I only have 10 lbs. to get to where my oncologist wants me to be. I have until July 15th to get there. I'm sure I can do it. I'm already down 17 lbs. and the plan continues...

I stopped taking my high blood pressure medication this morning! I've had to manage it very carefully when riding my bike. It was dropping to very low levels and I was getting weak and dizzy after my rides. The last week the weakness and dizziness was happening W/O a bike ride. I started tracking my blood pressure and it is staying in the 120/60 range all the time, even W/O the medication. I don't think any Dr. would be concerned with that range! So I'll stop taking it and just continue tracking it every few days. If it goes back up...then I'll start taking my pills again! Managing this doesn't take a rocket scientist so I feel OK doing it on my own. The exercise and weight loss is doing it's job!

Our run for MMRF is in less than 2 weeks in San Francisco. We didn't collect very much money (about $500) but I'm sure everything helps. I have 4 team members doing the run. I also have my son doing the 1/2 marathon. It includes a A's vs Giants baseball game so we should all have a very good time.

That's about all I have to go over. I feel great and I'm praying that my July MM #'s are down. I'm giving it all I have...


The body is sick, but thanks to Jesus the soul is alive and well...

2 comments:

  1. Steven, All good news and so GLAD to hear it. Prayers will be said for good numbers in July.

    Rebecca Weber

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bike riding sounds great. I can't wait to get back to Denver and join you (in spirit) on my bike rides. I love your attitude Steven. Keep working out, stay healthy and have a great summer.
    Dan Patterson

    ReplyDelete